Re: [WMASTERS] 8-bit scheme-version 1.4

Dr.K. Kalyanasundaram wrote:
> Straightforward sorting will be possible only if we have all the
> 250+ tamil characters individually assigned a glyph code
> (which is not the case). In the present glyph encoding scheme,
> some of the uyirmei characters are defined by a single glyph
> (e.g, akara, ukara varisai), others by two glyphs (e.g. ekara,
> Ekara varisai) and some by three glyphs (okara and
> Okara varisai).

   Sorting of Tamil texts is not a problem with any symbol order
   and any number of glyphs, if we are prepared to accept some
   kind of translation table and algorithms.

If one accepts the fact the YOU ARE GOING TO USE A
TRANSLATION TABLE/ALGORITHM anyway for keyboard input,
I can not see a big objection in using another TABLE/ALGORITHM
for sorting also.

ks