[WMASTERS] Re: [tamil.net] History of Tamil Computing and Tamil on Internet

Premium Mind Mobility (aka Internet) Services to anybody anywhere

>Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 09:38:08
>To: kalyan@igcsun3.epfl.ch
>From: tharagai@pacific.net.sg
>Subject: Re: [tamil.net] History of Tamil Computing and Tamil on Internet
>
>For your information Sir,
>       I would to inform you of the existence of THARAGAI Tamil Truetype
fonts in Singapore.
        Tharagai Tamil Truetype Fonts have been sold in Singapore since Jan
1994. More than 100 schools, 3 church groups, 150 teachers and more than
1300 students have bought this set of fonts. I feel very sad that no mention
this widely used Tamil fonts was made in Tamilnet97.
>        It is based only on the typewriter keyboard as permission was not
given to use the Singapore IE Keyboard. My distributor has just released a
second set of fonts called MALARGAL.
>        If there is going to be a historical survey of Tamil in computing,
I would appreciate if THARAGAI would be included in it.