Re: [WMASTERS] Can we please develop a standard?

Dear Selva,

PL. read further...

>     I'm not as enthusiastic as Mani here.
>     I honestly feel there was VERY LITTLE consideration
>     given to ideas or discussions.
>     Has ANYONE answered why ksha has to be
>     included ( except Muthu's single brief response )?

I really dont see any use in having "Ksha". After raising
my opposition for some time.....I thought we should not be
delaying the standardization effort....also as Muthu had
put it, it does not cause any ambiguity in the system....so..
...gave the green signal...

Still, I honestly feel that its a WASTE of one position. Ksha
is very much a combined writing style. It does not represent
anything unique. When there is only "k" and "sha" are available
and when people know that there is no separate "ksha", they will
automatically started typing "k"+"sha" for "ksha". I dont think
it needs any learning process as such.

When we are talking about simplification of scripts and saving
positions, I dont know why we should be particular about encoding
a "!!!!Complicated!!!! Style form" as a character.

Dear Muthu: I am sorry that I did not write a straight answer to
            your comment. But, please take this as my idea about
            this issue.

>     Has ANYONE explained why we need tamil numerals 10, 100, 1000
>     or why tamil fractions were not included.

Tamil Numerals are added in the Table as "Set of Glyphs". They are
not really numbers.  They will not be used for Present Day Mathematics.
10, 100, 1000 are part of Tamil Numerals. So, for the sake of
completeness
we need them.

May be TN Govt. Should act now and revise the Tamil Number System. Make
it
real Decimal Number System. I guess we dont have 0. So, may be, we
should
borrow the roman 0 and remove 10, 100, 1000 from Tamil Numerals. Then
we can do the Mathematics in Tamil too. I know some people might be
laughin
at me!!!

I really wonder why TN Govt. is really not bothered about the Number
System
for Tamil???? Something that can be used for computation.

"Thalaikku MElE VeLLam pOi Vittathu" enru vittu vittarkaLaa???

anbudan,
nagu.