Re: [WMASTERS] Re: 8-Bit font Doesn't Work across platforms!!

>This week's sponsors -The Asia Pacific Internet Company (APIC)
>  @  Nothing Less Than A Tamil Digital Renaissance Now   @
><http://www.apic.net> Click now<mailto:info@apic.net> for instant info
>

>I'm sorry to say that this is totally wrong!
I'm sorry to say this is not totally wrong -- the fact is, different
encodings are a can of worms.  For your information, I am using screen
fonts.  And some programs do mapping, others do not, so what will work with
one set of programs will break with another.  Lasso, which Claris has now
incorporated into Filemaker 4, automatically remaps all the upper 128
before sending text out on the net, while WEB FM, which I use, does not.
George Hart

Home | Main Index | Thread Index