Re: [WMASTERS] Can we please develop a standard?

At 12:36 PM 10/3/97 +0000, Dr. K. Kalyanasundaram wrote:

>We have to work closely to come up
>with the first draft standard. We could then circulate it amongst
>professionals in the ring such as Mani, Nagu and others
>willing to participate in the documentation preparation process.

Count me in! Along with the draft standard, I would like to see a FAQ for
the implementers.  This could include among other things the sorting and
searching algorithms and implementation notes.  Also, I would like to
archive the entire standardization thread in a well known web site.

>We are aware that many of us are fed up with the mess in
>the arena of tamil computing and would like to have a standard
>established as soon as possible. But we should not rush things.
>All comments, criticisms and suggestions must be given due
>consideration. No one should feel that some vested interests are
>pushing through things rapidly.

Very well put Dr. Kalyan.  I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.

>Also all of us engaged in this
>standardisation exercise are purely volunteers with full time
>committment to other things.

All for the love of the language.  And I would like to see more volunteer
participation.  Dr. Kalyan and his small committed band of supporters need
help, particularly from computer professionals who are likely to use this
standard.

 . ׯ

Mani M. Manivannan
Fremont, CA, USA.

    ݍ -   Only a sculptor knows a sculpture's flaws