[WMASTERS] How many speakers?

Does anyone know where I can get reasonably up-to-date estimates of the overall
numbers of speakers of Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada and Telugu? Most of the major
(even very recent) encyclopedias and dictionaries give figures only from the
1961 or 1971 Indian censuses.

The latest figure I can find for for Tamil (from the Encyclopedia Britannica)
is 57,000,000, but no figures are given for the other languages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gregory James.