Re: [WMASTERS] 8-bit scheme-version 1.4

I had sent this mail earlier, seeking clarification on the new 8 bit scheme
wrt sorting.

Kalyan,

can you please send some more info on?

Thanks & Regards

B Arunmozhi

8-bit scheme-version 1.4
------------------------

Dear Mr. Kalyan and others,

I am amazed at the energy and speed with which you all have been working.
Hats off to you all.

When I looked at the order, I wanted to ask you one thing:

When we sort in ascending order, should ™ come first or  should come first.
For example,

‘Ε    - (167,138,167,241)
‘™€  - (167,138,232,152,167)

off the above two, which should come first? If we use simple sorting using
'C' functions like strncmp (or sorting by putting in a word table), '‘Ε'
comes first.

I have decoded them with the numbers from your mapping table.  I will be
greatful if you can verify if my decoding is correct.

One more doubt:

How will be encode the chracter ώ‘ - will it be 144,167,138 ? If so, how
the sorting will be taken care off?  If my assumption is correct, ώ‘ΐγΕ
will be ordered before Ο― unless we use some different sorting algorithms?

Thanks & Regards

B. Arunmozhi
B. Arunmozhi		Technology Applications Inc.,
Off : 314-916-7057		#17 Research Park Drive,
Fax : 314-916-7100		St. Charles, MO 63304-5601
Home: 314-469-6459		http://www.techapp.com
~~~~ People solve problems.  Technology only ~~~~~
~~~~ helps to make the solutions faster      ~~~~~
**Visit Larsen & Toubro at http://www.larsentoubro.com**