Re: [WMASTERS] Re: Unanswered Questions!

Dear Selva,

My suggestion to include ksha came from the *users* of Tamil DTP software
in Malaysia/Singapore for the past decade.  It was a lot easier for me to
put it in than *trying* to educate them *not* to use it. I do not have any
personal preferance to this - if it's left out, my guess is DTP font
developers may just have to squeze it in some place - back to the same
old problem of incompatible font encodings again.

One other work around to this will be to have a 'key' defined in the kbd
(Kalyan, please do not come back to me with the kbd first or coding first
argument again <smile>) and have the driver render k(oRRu)+ sha as selva
suggested.  Question here is "will this be acceptable by the user
community ?".

My main concern here is the *one* standard we are trying to shoot for may
not materialise :-(  It's not purely linguistic/technical arguments alone
that goes into the standards process.  Creating the *standard* alone is
a battle - do we want to get into another battle of defining/changing how
one writes tamil first ?  We may loose the war :-(

anbudan,

~ MUTHU

Home | Main Index | Thread Index