Re: [WMASTERS] Re: 8-Bit font Doesn't Work across platforms!!

Yes, exactly.  There's nothing inherently wrong with an 8-bit font, and
there's a lot in its favor.  BUT, as I mentioned, many applications take it
upon themselves to remap the upper 128 characters to fit the quirks of
standard fonts on various machines.  The programs (e.g. Eudora) never tell
you they are doing this, and they give you no ability to change it.  I
spent hours talking at the people who produce Lasso, and finally discovered
that yes, all the upper 128 characters are remapped whenever they are sent
out onto the Net.  No, they said, there is no way to turn off this
"feature."  Maybe, just maybe, they may provide such a tool in their next
release.

Yes, I would like to shoot these programmers (figuratively, at least) --
what they have done is irresponsible and patronizing.  AND, unfortunately,
it makes it extremely difficult for us to work with 8-bit fonts.  GH