[WMASTERS] Multi-Lingual Software Resource (fw)

**forwarded message**
Date:         Fri, 26 Sep 1997 19:52:09 +0800
Sender: Southeast Asia Discussion List <SEASIA-L@msu.edu>
From: Lynn August Linse <linsela@ROBUSTDC.COM>
Subject:      Multi-Lingual Software
To: Multiple recipients of list SEASIA-L <SEASIA-L@msu.edu>

I just found an interesting Web site - http://www.gy.com/ . It belongs to a
rather plain sounding company - ComStar Computer System in CA, USA. But it
just may be the greatest "Multi-Lingual" computer software source on EARTH!
Everyone on this list should at least visit the site and send them a "Way
Ta' Go" email. The WEB needs more real resources like this.

For example, http://www.gy.com/www/th.htm is some general Thai language
tools, including CD-ROM tutorial, translator, and so on.

And http://www.gy.com/www/ww1/ww2/tras00.htm is for a "Universal Translator"
with 22 languages including Vietnamese, Indonesian, and Thai! Well, we all
know such things will not translate perfectly, but even a 70% translation
job would help a lot for most first draft readings or casual readings.

Many of the languages I've never heard of, but the ASEAN languages include:
Burmese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Khmer, Laotian, Malay, Tagalog, Thai,
Vietnamese

Below is the FULL list of langauges they have tools for:

Africaans, Akkadian, Albanian, American Indian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian,
Aymara, Basque, Belgium, Belorussian, Bemba, Bengali, Blackfoot, Bohemian,
Brazilian, Bretan, Bretonian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Byelorussian, Cambodian,
Catalan, Catalonian, Chamarra, Cherokee, Chinese, Coptic, Cree, Croatian,
Crow, Cyrillic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Farcese, Farsi,
Fijian, Finnish, Flemish, French, Frisian, Gaelic, Ganda, Georgian, German,
Glagolitic, Greek, Guarani, Gujarati, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hieroglyphics,
Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Inuit, Inuktitut, IPA, Irish,
Italian, Japanese, Kango, Kannada, Khmer, Kikuyu, Korean, Kpeile, Kwakwala,
Laotian, Lappish, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Littera, Luxembourgian,
Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Malinke, Maltese, Maori, Marathi,
Mayan, Mohawk, Moldavian, Mongolian, Multilingual, Nahauati, Nepali,
Netherlands, Norwegian, Nyanja, Nynorsk, Oriya, Papiamento, Pashto, Persian,
Phonetics, Polish, Portuguese, Provencal, Punjabi, Quechua, Roman, Ruanda,
Rumanian, Rundi, Runic, Russian, Samoan, Sanskrit, Serbian, Sinhalese,
Sioux, Slavic, Slavonic, Slovak, Slovakian, Slovenian, Somalia, Sotho,
Spanish, Sudanese, Swahili, Swazi, Swedish, Swiss, Syriac, Tagalog,
Tahitian, Tamil, Telugu, Tewa, Thai, Tibetan, Tongan, Transliterator,
Tswana, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Visayan, Welsh, Wendish,
Wolof, Xhosa, Yukon

bala pillai* bala@sydney.net*the asia pacific internet co, sydney
V I R T U A L   C O M M U N I T Y   E X P E R T S
<http://apic.net>   <http://sydney2000.net> <http://malaysia.net>
<http://tamil.net>      for info send blank <mailto:info@apic.net>
ph:+61 2 9419 5333		           fax: + 61 2 9419 5155