Re: [WMASTERS] Response to Kumar

anbuLLa Tamil.net'ters:

At long last there is now some significant discussion going but again
this unfortunate 'political' discussions about Grantha letters
and a myriad other touchy issues.

I was quite disturbed by some of the statements of Dr. Anu ( and the
supportive tone of Mani Manivannan), and I would
kindly ask him to be a bit more considerate. I fully understand
the political issues, but I would vote for including the Grantha letters
and at least 5 diacritical markers. Old style lai etc. are not at all
needed , but tamil numerals might be useful and a case can be made.
Unfortunately I don't have the time needed
to put forth my views and participate in the discussions. If time permits
I can put forth the arguments to support my viewpoints.

Standardization is the need of the hour.
Always keep in mind that the technology is still
evolving at a fantastic speed. There can be hardly
any limitations in terms of accomodating some letters etc.

anbudan selvaa

Home | Main Index | Thread Index