Re: [WMASTERS] Machine Tranlsation Project from English to Tamil

hi

If you remember, K. Rajaraman from Information Technology Institute,
presented the iAgent paper at TamilNet'97.

iAgent is basically an indexing system for search engine. However, it is
also capable of doing translation....at least for the Chinese one which i
saw. For example, if you perform a keyword search for some Chinese chars,
the result could be display with a brief description of each links found.
The extra feature provided at the result page is the user can also choose
to have the brief description in English (converted from the Chinese
description).

Dr Lai Kok Fung was contemplating a Tamil equivalent module for iAgent.
They have since done the Tamil indexing engine. But i'm not sure of the
status of their Tamil<->English development.
You can contact them at kanagasa@iti.gov.sg  and  kflai@iti.gov.sg for
more details.

Keep us posted if there's anything new.
:)