Re: ORNL and Sri Lankan Tamil

Because some of these paper proceedings uses their own Tamil fonts, you
need to install the fonts on your PC to see them correctly.

Navigate to this papers from the main page and you should be able to see
the required fonts to download and install.

http://www.irdu.nus.sg/tamilweb/tamilnet97/
http://www.irdu.nus.sg/tamilweb/tamilnet97/paper/html/content.html

I'll see if i can make them into Adobe PDF format to save the trouble of
installing the fonts, but again this requires the user to have Adobe
Acrobat plugin installed on their netscape browser.

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Bala Pillai wrote:

> At 07:11 PM 9/16/97 +0000, Dr.K. Kalyanasundaram wrote:
> >Dr. Nandasara (Inst. of Computer Technology, Univ. of Colombo)
> >paper presented at TamilNet'97 Conference
> >(http://www.irdu.nus.sg/tamilweb/tamilnet97/paper/html/nandasara/nandasara.
> htm)
> >goes at length about Sri Lankan experience of Developing tamil input/
> >display methods.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't decipher the Tamil glyphs!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index