Re: [WMASTERS] Re: Old Orthography, response to Kalyan

At 06:42 PM 9/15/97 +0000, Dr.K. Kalyanasundaram wrote:

>Old style numerals were proposed for two reasons:
> i) to provide compatibility with UNICODE 2.0 and
>ii) for possible use in electronic archiving of
>ancient tamil literature.

Kalyan and anybody else who may know:

How cast in stone is UNICODE 2.0 as it applies to Tamil script? Is it not
possible that our discussions would affect a revised version of UNICODE 2.X
? My limited knowledge of UNICODE Tamil deliberations suggest that it did
not get much (not anybody's fault mind you) airing.

anbudan.../bala

bala pillai* bala@sydney.net*the asia pacific internet co, sydney
V I R T U A L   C O M M U N I T Y   E X P E R T S
<http://apic.net>   <http://sydney2000.net> <http://malaysia.net>
<http://tamil.net>      for info send blank <mailto:info@apic.net>
ph:+61 2 9419 5333		           fax: + 61 2 9419 5155

Home | Main Index | Thread Index