Re: Open Truetype

Thanks Kok Yong,

You're right about it not being widely adopted yet !  But we
can sense it coming - Java 1.2, Raphsody, Windows9x (NT already
has it).  However, it does not impact us from using Tamil in it
current form *now*.  :-)  Work can continue.  When OpenType is
available, we can see/view/read the same text in old-style or
transliterated form  (that is if we do not want any software
written ;-)) *without* modifying existing text.

~ MUTHU

---- Begin included message ----

While we're on the topic of open truetype, a very good reference site is
http://www.truetype.demon.co.uk/ttopen.htm

Muthu is right. We should game for Open TrueType. But that's still a
distance from wide adoption.

---- End included message ----

Home | Main Index | Thread Index