Re: A proposal for font encoding scheme for tamil

Dear Kalyan
Your proposal is very fascinating We will certainly consider this in the
committee It seems to accommodate all the requirements.
I have a few queries as a first reaction
Is sorting taken care of> or is it dependant on software tricks
How exactly are old style letters retrived
Are diacritical marks enough to accommodate the romanised  lower case way
of writing adapted by research scholars?(there are i recall atleast three
l's

I would also like you to look at the Unicode effort of Singapore and offer
your comments
regards Sujatha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index